Curious facts Pop Technology 

25 Things You Didn’t Know About the Internet

The Internet has become part of our life . And for sure there are many Things You Didn’t Know About the Internet. In fact, if it were not for the Internet you would not be reading this .

1. Internet is older than you think . The web had been around for a lot longer, actually invented more than 40 years ago by Tim Berners-Lee , while working at CERN to help scientists communicate and share results quickly.

2. More than 100 billion emails are sent daily.

3. 500 million tweets are sent every day .

4. It took the Internet 4 years to reach 50 million people , while television took 13, and radio 18 years.

5. Humans occupy 49% of the Internet , and the remaining 51% of all traffic on the web comes from bots .

6. Who controls the Internet? The answer is no one . Although some people question if this is true.

7. The largest connected population is Greenland , where 92% of all who live there have an Internet connection.

8. Online advertising is big business . Experts believe that in the coming years Internet advertising will reach an impressive $ 239 billion .

9. The first website was created in 1991 and you can visit it: info.cern.ch

10. While Symbolics was the first .com domain in the world . Symbolics.com, was incorporated on March 15, 1985 . On August 27, 2009 it was sold to XF.com Investments.

11. YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world after Google and is the third most visited site in the world.

12. Approximately 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, and people around the world watch hundreds of millions of hours ofYouTube videos a day.

13. About 16-20% of the searches that are done on Google every day, are original , and have never been done before.

14. For a single query, Google uses 1,000 computers in 0.2 seconds to give a result .

15. It is believed that the “Deep Web” (unregistered and dangerous sites) is at least 500 times larger than the surface of the web .

16. Prisoners in Norway have access to the Internet in their cells.

17. China has treatment camps for Internet addicts . Tao Ran, director of the first Internet addiction treatment clinic, said that 40% of Internet addicts suffer from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.

18. The first webcam was used at the University of Cambridge in 1993 to monitor the status of a coffee machine in the computer lab.

19. On average, there are about 30,000 hacked sites every day .

20. More than 100,000 new .com domains are registered every day.

21. Currently, we spend more time surfing the web on mobile devices than desktop computers.

22. Internet access requires 50 million horsepower to continue to function in its current state.

23. The first emoticon is commonly attributed to Kevin Mackenzie in 1979 , which was this -)

24. In Japan, emoticons are made vertically , not horizontally.

25. Over 3.4 billion people worldwide use the Internet .

eMagTrends

eMagTrends

Somos líderes en guías de videojuegos. World's leading on videogame guides.
eMagTrends

Related posts

One Thought to “25 Things You Didn’t Know About the Internet”

  1. […] 25 things you didn’t know about the Internet […]

Leave a Comment

GAMES/JUEGOS
A %d blogueros les gusta esto: