This viking axe it is a small piece of stone as small as 11 millimeters, but an Australian team of archaeologists claims that it belongs to the oldest known ax. According to dating, it was carved by the first settlers of Australia about 44 to 49,000 years ago.
The discovery of this viking axe surpasses in more than 10,000 years the similar instruments that are known, and throws new cellars on the technological development of our ancestors. The importance of the viking axe is that it points to the fact that it is a conventional ax with a handle. Several human predecessors have developed hand axes for more than 700,000 years, but they are completely different tools. These are stones sharpened by blows that were held directly with the palm of the hand.
In this viking battle axe, and although the part that should be attached to the wood is not conserved, the researchers explain that its design points unequivocally to an instrument with a handle very similar to the axes as we know them today.
One of the mysteries surrounding this viking battle axe is that the people who came to Australia from the northernmost islands about 50,000 years ago did not know how to carve axes. Somehow, they developed that technology upon their arrival in the continent.
The scarcity of remains of this type of viking axe is probably due to the fact that it is not easy to find the ideal basaltic stone for its elaboration. Those responsible for the finding will more thoroughly investigate the site where the piece looked for more fragments and maybe to get more.
- Cómo completar el desafío Gimme Gimme en BitLife
- WoW SoD: Cómo obtener y usar amuletos de comprensión en Season of Discovery
- Error de problemas con los servicios de Xbox Live Core: ¿Cómo solucionarlo?
- Todas las funciones nuevas en Fortnite Capítulo 5 Temporada 1 Subterráneo
- Explicación del final de ‘The Bad Guys: A Very Bad Holiday’ y spoilers de la película: ¿Cómo logró la pandilla el atraco?
- Cómo completar la misión de investigación de hechizos (Ice Lance Rune) en WoW: Season of Discovery
- Cómo llegar a la mansión en Lethal Company
- ¿Por qué Fortnite tiene cola?
- Resumen y final del episodio 6 de ‘Label’ explicados: ¿Quién es Thiyagarajan?
- Theodore construye dioses silenciosos Dragonheir